Android smartphones install a large amount of RAM, however, in parallel with this, by default, a large number of system services and applications are running in the system, which is not always needed.
Thus, the RAM is melting before our eyes, which means that some applications need to be turned off so as not to waste resources and even battery power.
At the same time, they can be turned off and this will not affect the functionality of the smartphone at all. Today we will analyze all the ways to disable system applications in Xiaomi, even if they do not have a special key to close.
Which system apps can be uninstalled on Xiaomi
A large number of built-in applications are useless for the user. Remember the list of services in Windows that can be turned off with peace of mind – they number in dozens! In the same way, you can disable system applications in Xiaomi smartphones, but you need to do this carefully: many are essential for the stable operation of the system.
You can not turn off important services, otherwise, the smartphone will be disrupted. Here are the services that can be disabled on a smartphone without consequences, having Root rights.
- BugReport . Needed to send error reports, affect the speed of the phone.
- email . Feel free to delete it if you’re using a third-party email app.
- StepsProvider. Used in addition to the pedometer. Reduces phone performance, so you can turn it off.
- CellBroadcastReceiver is an emergency notification in Asia, therefore it does not work in Russia. Affects performance.
- GoogleFeedBack is a program from Google Chrome that collects feedback on everything, so you can safely turn it off.
Disabling Xiaomi system apps
You can stop the built-in background applications in several ways: through the settings, through Google Play, or using a special utility. Let’s analyze each method separately and start with the simplest – using Xiaomi settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Select All Apps.
- Select the name of the system service you want to disable.
- Click “Close” at the bottom of the screen and confirm your choice with the “OK” button.
Now the program will not use RAM, and to return everything back, just turn on the services again and restart the smartphone. You can also prevent startup after reboot by turning off the slider next to the “Autostart” line.
Delete system apps on Xiaomi
Some owners of Xiaomi smartphones cannot disable programs in a simple way. If you also failed to do this, try another one – using Google Play. It is very easy to do this.
- Open Google Play and swipe left to right/
- Select “Help and Feedback” from the menu that opens.
- Click on the “Remove or disable apps on Android” tab. If it’s not at the top, scroll down or click All Articles.
- Then select “Tap to go to app settings”.
After that, you will be taken to the list of all installed programs on your phone and you will only have to select the one you want to disable. This will help get rid of not only the programs you installed but also the built-in MIUI utilities.
How to uninstall an app on Xiaomi
Most system applications can be disabled using Root rights. Getting them can be difficult, and the process takes a long time. Previously, advanced users downloaded the More Shortcuts utility from Google Play, but now it is called differently .
If you don’t want to download it from other sources, just type “Uninstall” in the Google Play search, then install and disable unnecessary applications. All programs work the same way, so I’ll tell you how it’s done through More Shortcuts.
- Open the application and select Activity;
- Type “All Apps” in the search bar.
- From the list select the latest option labeled “Settings$AllApplicationsActivity” and install the shortcut on your desktop.
- After that, open it and select the application that you need to disable on your phone.
With these simple methods, you can turn off unused apps on Xiaomi to save battery and increase performance in other apps. Please note that the application will not be deleted, but only stopped. By the way, if you suddenly deleted a file from a Xiaomi smartphone, you can always restore it